Comment on page
Find out more about the VoxEdit Weekly contests here.
VoxEdit contests run in The Sandbox's community, usually on a weekly basis. This is a contest where voxel artists from all levels of experience can potentially win NFTs or $SAND for creating great ASSETs using the VoxEdit software.
Submitted entries may be voted on by The Sandbox Team, and/or official partners, depending on the specifics of the contest.
- Your ASSET must be fully animated. There are templates in VoxEdit to assist you with this.
- Your ASSET needs to fit the theme of the contest.
- ASSET must comply with:
- Your submission can make use of the static and animated templates in VoxEdit if you wish to use them, but this is not a requirement.
Entries are submitted on The Sandbox's official forum.
Once you have downloaded it, follow the six easy steps below to create a GIF of your ASSET.
- 1.Open your ASSET in VoxEdit. And then position it in a way that that you can quickly spin and show off the ASSET quickly.
- 2.Choose an animation that you'd like to show off in the GIF and then press Play so that the animation begins playing.
- 3.Open the Gyazo application that you downloaded.
- 4.Click and drag a box around your ASSET, making sure that you leave enough room to be able to comfortably spin your ASSET around. As soon as you release the mouse button, Gyazo will begin recording, so be ready.
- 5.Spin the ASSET around as desired as soon as Gyazo begins recording the selected area.
- 6.When you are happy with the GIF, it will upload to Gyazo and show it to you. At the top of the page is a button labelled "Share". Click this and then choose to "Download" as a GIF format. Done.
Here is an example of an ASSET GIF:
Now that you have your GIF, you can begin to upload your entry to a submission form, so that the judging panel can vote on it.
The link to this form is provided in the article (ie, on medium) which announced the contest.
Note that the closing time for entries submitted on this form is usually (but not necessarily always) 00:00 UTC on the day of the contest's deadline. That means you need to submit your entry before then.
For example, this means that if the contest deadline is the 4th of April, then the very latest you can submit your entry is 11:59pm UTC on the 3rd of April. The submission form will lock at precisely 00:00 UTC, unless stated in the contest announcement.
Now wait for the votes to roll in. You can also share your entry on social media if you'd like.
The following guidelines need to be observed. Not following the guidelines will result in your ASSET entry being disqualified on the day of the vote counting.
- 1.You must be 18 years of age or over.
- 2.Your submission must be original, made entirely by you. You cannot make an ASSET of a character that belongs to someone else (ie, Marvel comics).
- 3.Your submission must be made using VoxEdit.
- 5.Your submission needs to be appropriate for all ages and must not contain anything that may be offensive, hurtful or hateful.
- 6.You agree that your ASSET may be used by The Sandbox. For example, on social media.
- 7.Your submission must adhere to the theme of the week.
- 8.Your submission must have a maximum face limit of 5,000.
- 9.You may submit multiple ASSETs, but they must all adhere to the above guidelines.
- 10.Spam-submitting several low quality or non-effort entries may result in disqualification.
Where the voting process for a contest are down to the public, attempts to cheat the voting system are extremely easy to detect. Any attempts to do so will result in your entry being disqualified when it is time to count the votes. Since the LAND prizes are scarce and finite resources, we treat any attempts to cheat very seriously.
Last modified 11mo ago