How to buy NFTs from The Sandbox Marketplace
A quick step-by-step guide on how to purchase NFTs from The Sandbox Marketplace.
The marketplace allows you to purchase NFTs, such as entities, art, buildings, wearables and so on, which you can use within The Sandbox. Here is a simple step-by-step guide to buying NFTs from The Sandbox Marketplace.
In order to purchase NFTs from The Sandbox Marketplace, you will need to be logged into your account on The Sandbox website.
If you do not have an account on The Sandbox yet, you can create one in minutes. Registering a Sandbox account requires having a cryptocurrency wallet, which is where your NFTs will be stored. Instructions on how to register an account at The Sandbox with three of the most popular supported wallets are found on this page. These are:
- MetaMask (Set-up difficulty: Medium)
- Bitski (Set-up difficulty: Easy)
- Arkane (Set-up difficulty: Effortless)
Select the tab of your desired wallet below for instructions on how to register an account.
The Arkane Network is a cryptocurrency wallet that makes it even easier for those who are new to the worlds of crypto and blockchain gaming to create a cryptocurrency wallet on the Ethereum blockchain through social network logins.
- 1.Go to The Sandbox’s official website and then click the Sign-In button on the top-right.
- 2.Select one of the available social networks under the social (Arkane) section of the login screen. Your choices at the time of publication are Facebook, Twitter or Google.
You will then get a prompt from that social network asking you to log into your account. That’s it, you now have an Arkane cryptocurrency wallet. Easy, right? Once you are connected, you can give yourself a unique username to use in The Sandbox.
To access your Arkane wallet at any time, for example, to see what you have in there, go to their website here: https://arkane.network/, and then click the button labelled Your Wallet in the top-right and log in.
Bitski was one of the first digital wallets built for mainstream adoption. It is one of the simpler wallets on the Ethereum blockchain and is favoured by those who are new to the crypto and blockchain scene. It does not require any installations or extension downloads like the more popular MetaMask wallet does. Bitski is also one of The Sandbox’s many partners.
1. Go to The Sandbox’s official website and then click the Sign-In button on the top-right.
2. Click the Email (Bitski) wallet option.
3. A prompt will appear. If you already have a Bitski account, then log into it. If you do not have a Bitski account, click the link that says Create a new Bitski account. Then enter the required information and click Create your Bitski Wallet.
You will then get another prompt asking you to authorise your wallet to allow you to log into The Sandbox’s website. Click the Authorise button. Once your account has been created, you can pick a unique username to use on The Sandbox.
There you have it — you now own a Bitski cryptocurrency wallet which will enable you to access The Sandbox, make purchases and store your crypto tokens like $SAND and LAND.
MetaMask is the most popular cryptocurrency wallet on the Ethereum blockchain. They are also one of The Sandbox’s partners. MetaMask is a cross-device wallet that supports browser extensions, iOS and Android.
1. First of all, you will need to set up your MetaMask account and install the MetaMask extension on your browser. You can create a MetaMask account and download the extension from their official website here: https://metamask.io/. This handy video will help you with setting up your MetaMask wallet:
2. Once you have MetaMask set up, go to The Sandbox’s official website and then click the Sign-In button on the top-right.
3. Click the Web 3 (MetaMask) option, shown here:
You should get a prompt from the MetaMask browser extension asking you to sign a signature request that will allow MetaMask to log you into The Sandbox. Click the Sign button on this prompt.
4. Now you will be asked to enter an email address and a username. Do this then click the button labelled Create Account. And then that’s it, you are done.
There you have it — you now own a MetaMask cryptocurrency wallet which will enable you to access The Sandbox, make purchases and store your crypto tokens like $SAND and LAND.
$SAND is the currency that is used in The Sandbox Marketplace and is required in order to make purchases from the marketplace. You will also need some ETH for the transaction fees on the Ethereum Blockchain, known as gas.
Both of these cryptocurrencies need to be in the third-party wallet that you connected to your account when you registered at The Sandbox.
Once you are logged in or registered and have loaded your wallet with the cryptocurrencies you'll need, head on over to the marketplace by clicking the Market icon on the toolbar which is on the left of the website.
Once you are in the marketplace, you can search for an NFT that you are interested in. To help with this, there is a search box you can use and there are also some handy filters that you can set. The $SAND prices of the NFT are shown in a sandy-yellow colour.
Once you find an NFT that you like the look of, click it to go to its information page.
After having looked closer at the NFT and deciding that you'd like to purchase it, click the blue buy button on the right side of the page.
A side-bar will open on the right of the page. Use this to choose how many copies of the NFT you wish to purchase. And then click the blue continue button.
Your wallet should pop up asking you to sign and confirm the transaction, including the gas fee. Once confirmed, the transaction will begin to process and the NFT will appear in your wallet as well as your Sandbox inventory once it has completed.
There you have it, you are the proud owner of a Sandbox NFT.
You can learn more about The Sandbox Marketplace (beta) by clicking the link below.
This is usually an indication that you do not have enough funds in the wallet. Make sure you have enough ETH for the gas fees, for example.
Unlock your wallet by logging into it via the wallet's official website or browser extension. Then refresh the NFT page and try again.
Please wait. It can take time for transactions on the blockchain to complete, especially during periods of heavy congestion. You can track the progress of the transaction by going to Etherscan.io (this is a third-party website) and pasting your wallet address into the search box.