The Metaverse Map
Learn more about the map of the metaverse in The Sandbox.
The metaverse of The Sandbox can be viewed on The Sandbox's official website.
This page is queued for a review to update some of the imagery.
2) Once on there, if you are using the old legacy version, you'll be invited by link at the top of the screen to switch to the improved map (released in August 2021).
Note that, due to their limited processing power, mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets may not be able to load the old legacy map of the metaverse. If you wish to use the old legacy map, please use a PC or laptop.
In August 2021, we released a new map with many improvements made to it based on feedback from our community. These include performance improvements and new features such as filters and a lite mode.
On the left-hand side of the map are a variety of filters that you can use to help you locate particular LANDs or areas.
- On Sale: Filter LANDs that are currently for sale.
- Premium: Only show premium LANDs. Combine with the "On Sale" filter to only see premium LANDS for sale.
- My Lands: Shows your LANDs in the metaverse.
- Size: Filter LANDs by size.
- Coordinates: Filter LANDs between a set of coordinates.
- Wallet: You can filter LANDs held by a particular wallet address, if you know it.
- Partners: Our partner list keeps growing! Select any partner to filter their LANDs.
Use the clear option at the top if the filter menu to clear all your currently selected filters.
A "lite mode" is also available on the map, on the left toolbar. This mode will hide all small images on the map, improving loading times for some devices and networks. Images will only load depending on the zoom level if this option is enabled. Switch between the gallery tabs below to see the differences.
Lite Mode Off
Lite Mode On
Click the image to enlarge
Click the image to enlarge
Note that while the lite version of the map does help to improve loading times, there are of course other factors affecting loading times that The Sandbox has no control over. Such as the amount of system resources available on your device, congestion on WiFi networks, speed throttling by your ISP due to overuse and so on.
We advise closing all unnecessary applications and background processes on your device during LAND sales. And also to ensure there is no heavy congestion on your WiFi network (for example, due to someone streaming films or downloading large files).
In the top-left of the map you will see a smaller, mini-map. This can be used to help navigate the larger map. You can also use the drop-down box below it to instantly transport you to a specific part of the map, such as the area that was featured in The Walking Dead's LAND sale.
More improvements and features to the map will be released in the future.