To create an account on The Sandbox, you need to have a cryptocurrency wallet.
We will cover how to register an account on The Sandbox with the three most common cryptocurrency wallets on the platform.
MetaMask (Set-up difficulty: Medium)
Bitski (Set-up difficulty: Easy)
Venly (previously known as "Arkane") (Set-up difficulty: Effortless)
Select the tab of your desired wallet below for some instructions.
MetaMask is the most popular cryptocurrency wallet on the Ethereum blockchain. They are also one of The Sandbox’s partners. MetaMask is a cross-device wallet that supports browser extensions, iOS and Android.
1. First of all, you will need to set up your MetaMask account and install the MetaMask extension on your browser. You can create a MetaMask account and download the extension from their official website here: https://metamask.io/. This handy video will help you with setting up your MetaMask wallet:
2. Once you have MetaMask set up, click here to go to The Sandbox’s official website and then click the Sign-In button on the top-right.
3. Click the Web 3 (MetaMask) option, shown here:
You should get a prompt from the MetaMask browser extension asking you to sign a signature request that will allow MetaMask to log you into The Sandbox. Click the Sign button on this prompt.
4. Now you will be asked to enter an email address and a username. Do this then click the button labelled Create Account. And then that’s it, you are done.
There you have it — you now own a MetaMask cryptocurrency wallet which will enable you to access The Sandbox, make purchases and store your crypto tokens like $SAND and LAND.
Bitski was one of the first digital wallets built for mainstream adoption. It is one of the simpler wallets on the Ethereum blockchain and is favoured by those who are new to the crypto and blockchain scene. It does not require any installations or extension downloads like the more popular MetaMask wallet does. Bitski is also one of The Sandbox’s many partners.
1. Click here to go to The Sandbox’s official website and then click the Sign-In button on the top-right.
2. Click the Email (Bitski) wallet option.
3. A prompt will appear. If you already have a Bitski account, then log into it. If you do not have a Bitski account, click the link that says Create a new Bitski account. Then enter the required information and click Create your Bitski Wallet.
You will then get another prompt asking you to authorise your wallet to allow you to log into The Sandbox’s website. Click the Authorise button. Once your account has been created, you can pick a unique username to use on The Sandbox.
There you have it — you now own a Bitski cryptocurrency wallet which will enable you to access The Sandbox, make purchases and store your crypto tokens like $SAND and LAND.
Venly, formerly known as Arkane, is a cryptocurrency wallet that makes it even easier for those who are new to the worlds of crypto and blockchain gaming to create a cryptocurrency wallet on the Ethereum blockchain through social network logins.
Click here to go to The Sandbox’s official website and then click the Sign-In button on the top-right.
Select one of the available social networks under the social section of the login screen. Your choices at the time of publication are Facebook, Twitter or Google.
You will then get a prompt from that social network asking you to log into your account. That’s it, you now have a Venly cryptocurrency wallet. Easy, right? Once you are connected, you can give yourself a unique username to use in The Sandbox.
To access your Venly wallet at any time, for example, to see what you have in there, go to their website here: https://www.venly.io/, and then click the button labelled My Wallet in the top-right and log in.
This is entirely up to you.
MetaMask is the most popular wallet on the Ethereum blockchain. However, it is mainly preferred by those with some experience in cryptocurrency and blockchain interaction. Registration may take a few minutes.
Bitski is easy to set up and would probably be preferred by those with little cryptocurrency or blockchain experience. Registration may take around two minutes.
Venly requires no effort to set up at all and would likely be preferred by those who are completely new to cryptocurrency and the blockchain. Registration may take around one minute.