Information on the Voxedit Contests as well as how to enter them.
Voxedit Contests run regularly in the Sandbox's community. Voxel artists from all levels of experience can potentially win NFTs or SAND for creating great ASSETs using the VoxEdit software https://www.sandbox.game/en/create/vox-edit/ Submitted entries may be voted on by The Sandbox Team, and/or official partners depending on the specifics of the contest.
The following guidelines need to be observed. Not following the guidelines will result in your ASSET entry/ entries being disqualified and not going through the voting phase.
- 1.You must be 18 years of age or over.
- 2.Your submission must be original, made entirely by you. You cannot make an ASSET of a character that belongs to someone else (ie, Marvel, Disney, Sega etc)
- 3.Your Submission must be made using VoxEdit
- 5.Your submission must not exceed a face limit of 5000
- 6.Your submission must not exceed over 175 nodes unless stated otherwise in the medium article for a particular Contest
- 7.Your submission needs to be appropriate for all ages and must not contain anything that may be offensive, hurtful or hateful.
- 8.You agree that your ASSET may be used by the Sandbox, For example, on social media.
- 9.Your submission must adhere to the theme of the contest
- 10.You may submit multiple ASSETs, but they must adhere to the above guidelines
- 11.Spam-submitting several low quality or non-effort entries may result in disqualification.
- Your ASSET must be designed in VoxEdit. This software is free and available on PC & Mac it can be downloaded from the link above.
- Your ASSET must be fully animated. You can use the templates in VoxEdit to assist with this. (some contests may not require this but will be described in the rules of that contest)
- Your ASSET needs to fit the theme of the contest.
- ASSET must comply with:
- 1.Open your ASSET in Voxedit. Position it in a way that you can spin and show off the ASSET quickly.
- 2.Choose an animation that you'd like to show off in the GIF and then press Play so that the animation begins playing.
- 3.Open the Gyazo application that you downloaded.
- 4.Click and drag a box around your ASSET, making sure that you leave enough room to spin your ASSET around. As soon as you release the mouse button, Gyazo begins recording the selected area.
- 5.Spin the ASSET around as desired as soon as Gyazo begins recording the selected area .
- 6.When you are happy with the GIF, it will upload to Gyazo and show it to you. At the top of the page is a button labelled "Share". Click this and then choose "Download" as a GIF format. DONE
Make sure you are creating a GIF and not MP4 for voting as our voting form can only accept GIF
You will also need to provide the ASSETS GLTF as well as a Screenshot to the amount of "Faces" your ASSET has. This is so we can confirm you have adhered to the guidelines for the contest.
- 1.In VoxEdit have your ASSET open. Go to : File > Export > Export GLTF and place it somewhere easy to find
- 2.If the Contest requires multiple piece ASSET like a whole outfit. Zip these files together.
- 3.You will then add this to the Google forms when submitting your entire entry
"Faces" Image -
- 1.Faces are the amount of flat surfaces are in the entire ASSET. We allow a maximum of 5k "FACES". Per ASSET.
- 2.Open up your ASSET within VoxEdit Animator. In the Top Left corner it'll show you the "Faces" Screen shot the amount shown as well as keeping the ASSET you are submitting within the Image as well.
To help with our announcements of winners on SM if you happen to have a high quality MP4 of your render we will have a section for you to upload that too as well. Keep in mind that for our voting we do only use GIFs so we do require these as a must to enter.
This is an optional addition. A high quality MP4 render of your asset can be submitted in our forms. These will not be used to Judge the entries but will be used within our Social Media posts. To display the winners of the contests.
Now that you have you GIF, GLTF and "Faces" Image, you can begin to upload your entry to the submission form, so that the judging panel can vote on it. The link to this form is provided in the article (i.e., on medium) which announced the contest. Feel free to share your submission on Social Media if you'd like.
Note that the closing time for entries submitted on this form is usually (but not necessarily always) 00:00 UTC on the day of the contest's deadline. That means you need to submit your entry before then.
For example, this means that if the contest deadline is the 4th of April, then the very latest you can submit your entry is 11:59pm UTC on the 3rd of April. The submission form will lock at precisely 00:00 UTC, unless stated in the contest announcement.