Blocks that damage/kill you
Add blocks that damage or kill your Avatar or any other ASSET.
Spice up your game with a little danger. Add blocks that damage or kill your Avatar or any other ASSET. In this example we will set the Lava block to damage us.
- Press 'L' to bring up your assets library.
- In the search bar type 'Lava' to bring up the lava block and drag it to your tool bar.
- Put down some Lava blocks. Right click removes blocks and left click places block down.
Now we need to tell the Avatar which blocks will damage us and how much we get hit for.
- Click the ‘Global Parameters’ buttons at the top of the bar.
- Click the ‘Controller’ tab
- Click the ‘Components’ tab.
- Under the ‘Damaging Blocks’ Click the 'ADD+' button
- Add your block, in this example we used 'Lava'. Remember it's case sensitive.
- Under the 'Blocks damage' Add the damage, we used '200' to die instantly.
- Under the ‘Death Event’ click the dropdown menu to select 'RespawnToTag' to have the Player respawn or 'GameOver' to end the game when the Player touches the Lava.